Here I am underwater, looking up at the shimmering light above, wondering what it’s like for folks who don’t spend as much time submerged as I do. I’m not a diver, nor do I clean aquariums big enough to swim in, but I do spend most of my time in the “Deep End” of the life pool. Strangely when the stress abates and I’m breathing freely on the surface I find myself looking for something to weigh me back down. So I’m either a metaphorical fish, a glutton for punishment, or simply a stress freak.
I have been pondering this Blog for some time now, reading a blog of a friend finally pushed me out of the ponder and into action. Please have patience for the sight, its not ever going to be too pretty. But it will have what I hope are some interesting thoughts.
You can read into the title of this thing all you like, most is likely true. I have an aquarium, I fish, I am an armature photographer, my work is centered in water resources, hell I have even received “the fish eye” from people who thought I was up to something.
I find myself looking for the stresses in life a lot. A few people in my life do the exact opposite, they don’t seem to be concerned about the “worry” the “what if” contingency planning for them is something to start after an event. Those people drive me crazy, partially with jealously but mostly with the frustration that their lack of forethought rarely impacts them as much as it does me. And so begins the thought process fondly referred to as the death spiral.
Stress kills, I know it. However, it can be the beginnings of achievement. Every time you make it up for a breath, it’s a minor victory. Relish it.
No comments:
Post a Comment