Poor Alice, falls asleep at the brook and wakes to find
herself in a world where metaphors literally walk around. Escape only possible
when she unlearns all she thinks she knows, and accepts the alternate
perspective of the new world. Although Jonny Depp made an outstanding Mad
Hatter, my favorite theatrical version of this story is Disney. The themes are
a bit watered down, but I love the Hookah smoking caterpillar, the Disney movie
nails it. The caterpillar confronts with
a simple question “who are you?” Which of course is a crazy hard question to
answer…( follow this link http://sabian.org/alice_in_wonderland5.php
for the conversation, this Blog does not endorse Sabian Society. Even after
reading their webpage, I don’t know what it is)
A year ago, I started this Blog, http://jim-afisheyeview.Blog’spot.com/2010/12/underwater-and-loving-iti-think.html,
I had no idea where I wanted it to take me, it was an experiment. Since you need a destination to start a
journey, I haven’t really gotten anywhere. No news there. Perspective is about
all I have gained. What started out as a labor of love and a lashing of
frustration has morphed into something I look forward to. I just recently
reread all of the entries looking for something deep enough to warrant the BLOG’S effort. No luck, I feel like a
character in a Monty Pythons “The Meaning of Life’ wading through an hour of
silly just to find what I’m looking for in the exploded remains of gluttony.
Now back to Alice. “Who
are you?” I like to think I know who I
am, but like Alice, lacing it together in a cohesive thought in something
shorter than a James Joyce novel is near impossible. (It is impossible for me
to write this without singing “Don’t Come Around Here No More” due to the
outstanding video.) Frustrating I know, and to spare you hours of panging
insecurity and sleepless nights I will tell you, who you are. Magic, Clairvoyance, Heresy? No, just the Google Blogger stats page!
As the owner of the Blog, Google gives me access to a few
superficial statistics on my readers, calm down we are not talking Facebook
privacy invasion levels here, just some interesting aggregation.
Google gives me a breakdown of hits per, day, week, and
month and I can see this info by country of origin, browser used, and by Blog
entry. So, I have no idea exactly who is
reading what, but I can tell you that 2 people from Russia viewed “Martini
Induced Thought” http://jim-afisheyeview.Blog’spot.com/2011/11/martini-induced-thought.html
today using Windows Explorer.
This is who you are:
Most of you are surfing from the United States with Canada,
Russia, Germany, Denmark, and Guam (yes Guam) making up the next five in terms
of hits. There are other countries with
readers spread throughout Europe and Asia.
I’m missing South America and Africa….would be cool to collect all six
inhabited continents.
48% of page views are derived from Internet Explorer,
followed by 20% for Firefox, 11% for Safari, 9% mobile browsers, and Chrome
filling out the top 5 with 7%. By OS 72%
are windows users and 11% iPhone….interestingly I have had 2 hits using Palm
OS, way to make the technology pay whoever you are! At the time of writing this
(12/04/2011) I have had 1,162 hits total, this is the number on the top left of
the page, for 31 entries. Now that you
know this you too can track the Blog’s readership!
Most people continue to come to the Blog via Facebook, but
that is slowly changing. Google Plus and
a few other Blog’s and random sites have linked in.
You like to read the Blog midweek just after lunch. It is interesting to see how people react to
a new Blog post. I have found it is best
(quickest number of hits) to release just before lunch, mid week. My theory is that by mid week all of the
Facebook posts regarding weekend activities are read, work emails are addressed
and the football scores are digested, so ok we can click the Blog.
You like a good title, and as a whole you my dedicated
readers like a few themes. The first is music, http://jim-afisheyeview.Blog’spot.com/2011/01/is-there-anybody-out-there-just-nod-if.html
I used the lyrics from my beloved Pink Floyd has the highest hits, and
continues to get hits. Disney, http://jim-afisheyeview.Blog’spot.com/2011/04/duty-free-my-advise-to-future-disney.html
came in fast as well and the two are neck and neck. A few posts have garnered almost no hits
initially and then have slowly accumulated attention, a few clicks each week. http://jim-afisheyeview.Blog’spot.com/2011/02/ham-and-swiss-nirvana.html
“Ham and Swiss Nirvana” and http://jim-afisheyeview.Blog’spot.com/2011/02/vhs-paisley-and-shattered-memories.html
“VHS, Paisley and Shattered Memories” both have steadily climbed from the
bottom to number 3 and 4 on the popularity charts.
My three favorite posts have not cracked the top ten list
which I guess is a good thing, if more of you thought like me, the world would
be more twisted than it is. But in case
you missed them, http://jim-afisheyeview.Blog’spot.com/2011/03/caffeinated-pleasure-fluid-last-great.html
is an ode to Coffee, and was responsible for my first and only Middle Eastern
reader (Iranian). http://jim-afisheyeview.Blog’spot.com/2011/06/my-life-as-yeti-2-true-stories-and-then.html
this is a bit of a rant but I post a very credible theory why Big Foot is so
hard to find. And http://jim-afisheyeview.Blog’spot.com/2011/06/building-character-one-sip-and-one.html
which is my favorite because I sat down to write about the bourbon, and when
finished found I had experienced something far beyond the warming sips of Basil
Hayden.
As a whole I think I have about 37 readers who make up the
majority of the hits, I don’t know who you are, but judging by the above stats,
you knew me before the BLOG and now maybe now your thinking you know too much. Thanks for your support, I have received few
comments, but more and more of you have brought it up in conversation, or as an
aside email. I hope you find it
entertaining and continue to read. I’m
not making any money at this, not selling your info to marketing folks, I’m not
advertizing on the side. The purpose
here was an experiment, a vent, and I hope to continue to follow this through. I doubt I have touched anyone enough for
profound thoughts, I’m not that smart, but I hope you had a laugh, and I hope
you continue to follow me on this journey, thank you!
P.S. Please do not attempt to read all of the entries in one
sitting, I tried to do this and became numb.
Too much Jimmish in a short period of time is damaging.
No comments:
Post a Comment